Book for Messy Books classes now!
Reading with children
As a teacher, the most frequently asked question I received was at Parents' Evening: How do I get my child to read?
- Provide an opportunity
- Provide a choice
- Provide freedom
- Provide time
- Provide a model
The five key principals for Messy Books.
Why messy play?
Why not is Messy Books response!
It is proven that messy play provides children with:
- the opportunity to explore without boundaries.
- the confidence to become independent adventurers in the world
- ability to trust their instincts.
- the freedom to play and interact with a wide variety of sensory materials.
- the chance to have loads of fun!
Messy Books' babies and toddlers should come away from each class smiling, ready for a nap (!) and eager to come back next week!
Messy Books will be engaged in activities specifically designed to help develop skills in the following areas of the EYFL:
1) Communication and Language
- reading and listening
2) Physical development
- exploration of the room and activity stations
3) Personal, Social and Emotional
- develop self-confidence whilst exploring new activities
- learning to play with peers
4) Expressive Arts and Design
- imaginative play
- free play
- creation of book
- exploring materials
Copyright 2013. Messy Books. All rights reserved.